Backup/duplicate your Squarespace site
Whilst Squarespace doesn’t have an inbuilt backup function, you can duplicate your site to create a full copy prior to making significant changes and/or giving access to someone else (perhaps me!). It’s a simple process which is done via your Squarespace Dashboard.
Accessing My Dashboard
- Sign in to your Squarespace site
- From the Home Menu scroll down til you see your Avatar at the bottom of the list
- Click on your avatar to navigate to the My Dashboard page which lists all your sites (you may only have the one!)
Duplicate your site
- Click on the three dots next to your site and select DUPLICATE WEBSITE
- You’ll be prompted with a confirmation, click DUPLICATE to continue
- You’ll see the duplication steps above your list of sites
- When complete, you’ll see the duplicated site listed as Your Site Name (Copy)
- Hey presto, you have a backup!