Claim your .au domain name
Have you heard the big news? Direct .AU domain names are coming to Australia! This means whereas previously you had to register under …com.au or …net.au, you can now register your desired domains directly under yourdomainname.au.
Why do I want to register a .au domain name?
- For starters, it’s a shorter url, and everyone loves a short url!
- Direct .au domain names are available to anyone with a verified connection to Australia.
- Registering your exact match .au domain secures your branding by ensuring no one else registers it. It also ensures search traffic ends up on your site, not your competitors.
If you currently have domain names registered in the third-level .AU (e.g. yourdomain.com.au), this qualifies you to secure your second level .AU (e.g. yourdomain.au) domain before you lose your right on 20 September 2022.
This is an opportunity for you to secure your rights to an important digital asset.
NB: registering your matching .au direct domain is optional and has no affect on your current .com.au or .net.au domain.
You have a limited window of 6 months between March 24 and Sept 20 2022 to claim your name(s). In the event you do nothing then that priority right disappears on Sept 20 and anybody worldwide will be able to register these domains.
In some cases, there may be more than one applicant for the same .au direct name.
- You are the registrant of yourdomain.com.au
- XYZ Company is the registrant of johndoe.net.au
In this case, both are eligible to claim yourdomain.au. You can still attempt to claim your matching .au, but your order will be processed based on The Priority Allocation Process.
What do I need to do?
Take action before 20 September. By claiming your name, you will also be able to use it immediately, helping you be ahead of the game and your competitors.
To secure your name today, contact Rae.
More information from auDA
auDA is the administrator of Australia’s .au top level domain.