Connect your WordPress site to Google Analytics with MonsterInsights
There are hundreds of WordPress plugins for Google Analytics … I use MonsterInsights because it’s free, and it’s easy to use. You can use whichever plugin you like, but this article is specific to MonsterInsights!
Once you’ve installed MonsterInsights, and created your GA4 property, you’ll need to connect your WordPress site to your Google Analytics account. The easiest way to do this is add me as an admin on your Analytics account, and I’ll do the rest!
If you prefer to DIY, follow these steps:
- From your WordPress Dashboard, click on Insights > Settings in the left-hand sidebar
- Click on the blue Connect MonsterInsights button:
- You’ll then be prompted to choose which Google Account you want to login as (make sure you select the same account as your Google Analytics account!)
- Click the Allow button which gives MonsterInsights access to your Analytics account
- Next you pick the relevant profile for your website from the drop down box
- Click Complete Connection
All done! It can take up to 24 hours for MonsterInsights to display your data, so come back tomorrow, then click Insights > Reports to view.