Video Call Instructions
Video calls with Accurate Expressions are run on the Streamyard platform. Please review the following instructions for joining. We recommend testing your settings prior to the set meeting time to ensure everything is working properly.
Before the video call
Make sure you have the following:
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Chrome or Firefox.
- A strong internet connection. Just like Zoom, you must have a strong internet connection for it to work well. If possible, connect to your router with an ethernet cable instead of using WiFi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes.
Testing your settings
Follow these steps prior to the meeting to test your camera, mic and headphones:
- You can find the meeting link in your online calendar event. Click the link and you’ll be taken to our virtual meeting room.
- Allow StreamYard to access your camera and mic.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected.
- Test your Click the wheel icon above Cam/Mic to open the Settings window.
- Click on Audio to test your mic and speakers/headphones.
- Click the X to close the Settings window
- Enter a display name … your actual name is all you need!
Joining the meeting
- When the time comes, click the Enter studio button.
- We will be informed that you’ve arrived. You won’t be part of the meeting until we add you in. The page will update to let you know when you’ve been added!