How can I stay safe online?
This is a common question, and as phishing emails get more sophisticated, and we see more and more people getting hacked, it’s an important one!
A quick search found this article from Norton (a fairly big name in cyber security) … 10 critical steps to help protect yourself online.
These are their 10 steps … and you can read the full article for more information on each step:
1. Don’t open mail from strangers
2. Make sure your devices are up to date
3. Use strong passwords
4. Use two-factor authentication
5. Don’t click on strange-looking links
6. Avoid using unsecured public Wi-Fi
7. Back up your data regularly
8. Be smart with financial information
9. Educate your family
10. Avoid sharing personal information
I personally also recommend using Malwarebytes to protect your devices. You can install a free version, but the Premium version will give you better protection for less than ten bucks a month. NB: I’m not affiliated with Malwarebytes, just a happy customer!