WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping plugin
If you’re using the WooCommerce Australia Post Shipping plugin on your WordPress site, you can adjust the settings to suit your needs. My recommendation is to use their Satchel Rates, as these work really well with prepaid Australia Post satchels. You’ll need to add an adjustment amount to each service.
Installing the plugin
- Purchase the plugin directly from WooCommerce here
- Installation instructions can be found here
- I recommend installing and testing your plugin on a staging/test site prior to launching it on your live site
- You can use the Australia Post API key
- Lastly, enable debug mode while you test!
Setup and configuration
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping
- By default, you’ll have two shipping zones – Australia and Locations not covered by your other zones – and you want to add the Australia Post shipping method to both
- Click Edit underneath Australia to edit the shipping zone
- Click the Add shipping method button in the Shipping methods section
- Select Australia Post from the drop down menu and click the Add shipping method button to confirm
- Click Edit underneath Australia Post to edit the shipping method
Feel free to adjust to suit your needs!
- Origin Postcode: this is your postcode (or the postcode of where you will be sending items from)
- Parcel Packing Method: Weight of all items
- Maximum weight (kg): 20kg
- Satchel Rates: Prioritze Satchel Rates
- Offer Rates: Offer the customer all returned rates
- Services: Enable the following:
- Regular/Parcel Post
- Express Post
- Courier Post
- International Standard
- International Express
- International Courier
- Uncheck Extra Cover and Signature/Registered (NB: selected services already offer email and SMS Tracking, and Express offers additional signature on delivery. You may consider using Extra Cover if your product is worth more than $100.)
- Adjustment amounts: For domestic services add $0.25; for international services add $3.00.
- Click Save Changes
Repeat steps for any other Shipping Zones you have set up.
Edit your Product Shipping information
Edit the Shipping information for any physical product that needs to be shipped via Australia Post:
- Click on Products > All Products
- Click Edit under the relevant product name
- Scroll down Product data > Shipping
- Enter the Weight and Dimensions
- Click on Update to save the changes
TEST YOUR SHIPPING COSTS THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO LAUNCHING ON YOUR LIVE SITE!! Use the Calculate postage & delivery times calculator on the Australia Post website to double check shipping calculations on your website.